Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lab #1-Maps and Mapping

4 Different Types of Maps

#1-Isarithmic Map


#2-Proportional Symbol Map


#3-Dot Density Map


#4-Chloropleth Map



My Happy Place


My happy place is Moshi, Tanzania. I went to Tanzania this summer for Mercer On Mission. We spent one week in Moshi, Tanzania. While in Moshi, we were working with an organization called KIWAKUKKI. The purpose of this organization is to provide support for women in the fight against HIV/AIDS in the Kilimanjaro region. I loved working with this organization. We met so many great people while in Moshi. I hope to be able to go back there and work with KIWAKUKKI. The Twiga Home was the place we stayed at during the time we were in Moshi. In the morning, we would walk from the Twiga Home down to KIWAKUKKI. The saturday we were there, we were able to walk downtown to the market area where you could buy almost anything you could think of. The people are so welcoming and loving there. That is my happy place and I hope I will get the chance to go back there in the future.

Georgia Rainfall Map


Here is my pretty map that I colored in all nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment